Efficient addressing systems are essential to reach the targets of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Map Project contributes to at least six of the 17 goals.
Many countries still lack a countrywide address infrastructure to enable communication between individuals, governments and organisations.
Addresses provides individuals with the opportunity to have a legal identity, enable them to exercise their civil rights and gain access to private and public services.
A well-functioning address system provides structure, organisation and transparency, and helps improve government planning, budget allocation and follow up. It supports effective birth registration, formalisation of businesses and transparent land and property registry.
With an all-encompassing address system, companies and organisations are able to reduce costs, increase efficiency and reach new markets to service the whole population.
Map Project is developing an application to allow individuals to register a precise, complete and easy to use address. Here is the nitty-gritty of how Map Project deals with personal data in our application: YOU ARE IN CHARGE!
- To create an account you will need to provide your mobile number and a user name. We will save the GPS data.
- You decide what additional information to provide, share, with whom, and for how long.
- You can always edit or delete all your personal information if you wish, or simply revoke to your information.
- We keep the individual end-user at the centre of our development. You should not only be in charge, but feel in charge and easily understand what data is collected, for what purpose and for how long.
WE NEVER SHARE!
- That data is yours. We never share your personal data.We simply provide you with means to do so yourself!
- We use secure servers and take great care to protect your data.