Privacy and GDPR
We care about your privacy and the security of your data, and we hope you do too!
On 25th May 2018 the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into effect. What does this mean to you? It means that there is a new framework to protect your integrity and the security of your personal data*. The responsibility lies with all companies and organisations that you are in contact with.
Map Project is developing an application to allow individuals to register a precise, complete and easy to use address. Here is the nitty-gritty of how Map Project deals with personal data in our application:
YOU ARE IN CHARGE!
- To create an account you will need to provide your mobile number and a user name. We will save the GPS data.
- You decide what additional information to provide, share, with whom, and for how long.
- You can always edit or delete all your personal information if you wish, or simply revoke others’ access.
- We keep the individual end-user at the centre of our development. You should not only be in charge, but feel in charge and easily understand what data is collected, for what purpose and for how long.
WE NEVER SHARE!
- That data is yours. We never share your personal data.We simply provide you with means to do so yourself!
- We use secure servers and take great care to protect your data.
//Map Project Team
*Article 4 of the GDPR defines personal data as follows:‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.