Are you a backend engineer with a passion for APIs, live databases and mobile apps?
Did you know that 4 billion people around the world do not have an adequate address? Not having an address that works means you have trouble getting access to the services you need, to get deliveries to your home or even to guide emergency services to your house when you need them. Governments struggle to reach all their citizens and countless business opportunities are missed!
We are changing that! We are building a global digital addressing system for everyone, everywhere.
Map Project was incorporated in August 2017 and we have been very busy!
- Graduated from the KTH Innovation pre-incubator this spring
- We were one of three finalists in the Stockholm Innovation Stipend
- One of three winners of the SAS Scholarship Awards
- Won the “Impact Maker” prize at the regional finals of Venture Cup in Stockholm and will proceed to the national finals in September
- We have tested our prototypes and app with end-users and beta-customers in Uganda and Rwanda in field trips in 2017 and 2018
So how does it work? We crowdsource addresses through an Android app and provide Addressing as a Service through an API and web apps. Individuals, businesses and organisations use the app to create their address for their home and other places they need to be able to refer to systematically. In the app they can connect with friends, family, businesses and public service for free. Businesses use the API and business profiles in the app to deliver goods and services to individuals and other businesses and organisations, but also to guide customers and visitors to their shops, offices, hotels, taxi stands, loading bays etc.
Who you are
The coming year will be very exciting! We want to expand our team and invite you to join us if you are:
- A Backend Engineer with previous experience working with API-development using Firebase (or another live database)
- Have experience supporting mobile and web apps also using Firebase (or another live database)
- Someone with demonstrated knowledge of mobile security
- We think you have had experience from implementing, launching and maintaining a public API for a new service with a previous employer (or as a project on the side)
- We are guessing you have studied computer science at university level
What you will do
You will be part of a product development team consisting of UX designers, React Native app developers, Product Manager, the CTO and you. You will be building the next layer of features and functionality in firebase to serve both the app and API/webapps. You will also work on the public API.
The position is full-time and on site at the office in Kista, Stockholm. Fluent Swedish is not mandatory. Send Maria Cheadle, CTO (email@example.com) your resumé and cover letter if this sounds interesting. Also available on +46733196508 to answer any questions you might have. Final date of application is 1st September, but we are interviewing continuously with the aim of filling the position as soon as possible.