Are you a UX/UI designer excited about doing user research in East Africa?
Did you know that 4 billion people around the world do not have an adequate address? Not having an address that works means you have trouble getting access to the services you need, to get deliveries to your home or even to guide emergency services to your house when you need them. Governments struggle to reach all their citizens and countless business opportunities are missed!
We are changing that! We are building a global digital addressing system for everyone, everywhere.
Map Project was incorporated in August 2017 and we have been very busy!
- Graduated from the KTH Innovation pre-incubator this spring
- We were one of three finalists in the Stockholm Innovation Stipend
- One of three winners of the SAS Scholarship Awards
- Won the “Impact Maker” prize at the regional finals of Venture Cup in Stockholm and will proceed to the national finals in September
- We have tested our prototypes and app with end-users and beta-customers in Uganda and Rwanda in field trips in 2017 and 2018
What we do
So how does it work? We crowdsource addresses through an Android app and provide Addressing as a Service through an API and web apps. Individuals, businesses and organisations use the app to create their address for their home and other places they need to be able to refer to systematically. In the app they can connect with friends, family, businesses and public service for free. Businesses use the API and business profiles in the app to deliver goods and services to individuals and other businesses and organisations, but also to guide customers and visitors to their shops, offices, hotels, taxi stands, loading bays etc.
The coming year will be very exciting! We want to expand our team and invite you to join us if you are a UI/UX designer with interest and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences, predominantly for mobile!
Who you are
We think you:
- have previous experience from generative and evaluative design research and has previously participated in user- and client research as part of a discovery team.
- We are guessing you have studied UX and computer science at university level
- … and that you have good design skills and a passion for it…
What you will do
You will be part of a product development team consisting of React Native app developers, Product Manager, Backend Engineers, the CTO and you. You will work researching, designing and evaluating the next generation of the app, for individuals and business users together with the rest of the team with access to the relevant endusers in East Africa.
The position is full-time and on site at the office in Kista, Stockholm. Fluent Swedish is not mandatory. Send Maria Cheadle, CTO (email@example.com) your resumé and cover letter if this sounds interesting. Also available on +46733196508 to answer any questions you might have. Final date of application is 1st September, but we are interviewing continuously with the aim of filling the position as soon as possible.